Fire Department Hosted 28th Annual Fill-The-Boot Toll Road To Support Scholar-Athletes
Over Memorial Day Weekend, the St. Louis Fire Department conducted its 28th Annual “Safety Weekend for Kids” Toll Road, on May 27 to May 29, 2016. St. Louisans were called upon to fill the boot and support recreational programs for thousands of deserving children at Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club. Their efforts raised over $14,000 this year!
Last year, Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson and his team, led by Battalion Chief Michael Richardson, conducted the collection at citywide locations.
"We are proud to support the Club's recreational programs to keep youth off the streets and safe during the summer months," said Jenkerson. "The St. Louis Fire Department believes in this mission and was proud to host this important drive."
The 2015 Toll Road raised $20,179.40 - up from $18,683.18 in 2014. Proceeds from this year's efforts will be announced at the Martin Mathews Awards and Benefit Concert where Battalion Chief Richardson will present an award to an outstanding youth. Taking place at the Fabulous Fox theatre, the night will consist of dinner (optional), awards ceremony and performances by Grammy nominated artist El DeBarge and Grammy winning artist Chaka Khan! Tickets are on sale now. CLICK HERE
for more information.
Chief Dennis Jenkerson with Summer Day Campers.
Firemen filling the boot for Mathews-Dickey.
Battalion Chief Michael Richardson awards student at Say Amen Gala
The St. Louis Fire Department Collection Sites were located at:
- Rescue Squad 1 Jefferson & S. Broadway
- Rescue Squad 2 St. Louis Zoo - South Entrance
- Hook & Ladder (H&L) 1 Grand & Natural Bridge
- H&L 2 Olive & 14th
- H&L 4 Gravois & Hampton
- H&L 5 Schnucks, Whittier & Lindell
- H&L 6 Riverview & West Florissant
- Truck 1 Jefferson & Gravois
- Engine 2 Market & Tucker
- Truck 4 Broadway & Meramec
- Truck 5 Parnell & Natural Bridge
- Truck 6 Manchester & McCausland
- Truck 7 Jefferson & Chouteau
- Engine 8 McKinley Bridge
- Truck 9 Cass & Tucker
- Truck 10 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. & Kingshighway
- Truck 11 Lafayette & Broadway
Truck 13 Skinker & Forest Park Parkway
- Truck 14 3500 S. Grand
- Truck 17 Union Station
- Truck 19 Schnucks, 7450 Hampton
- Truck 20 Schnucks, 4217 N. Grand
- Truck 22 Skinker & Clayton
- Engine 23 Schnucks, Highway 55 & Loughborough
- Engine 24 Mathews-Dickey, Kingshighway & Penrose
- Engine 26 Newstead & Natural Bridge
- Truck 27 Natural Bridge & Goodfellow
- Engine 28 Delmar & Union
- Truck 29 Forest Park & Vandeventer
- Truck 30 St. Louis Zoo - North Entrance
- Engine 31 Kingshighway & Chippewa, Chippewa & Hampton
- Engine 32 Grand & Gravois
- Truck 33 Riverview & N. Broadway
- Truck 34 Alabama & Marceau
- Truck 35 Schnucks, Arsenal & Hereford
- Truck 36 Kingshighway & Chippewa
©2013 Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club. All Right Reserved.
Site Designed & Donated by Dayton Ohio Web Site Design
Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) United Way member agency that annually provides educational, athletic and cultural enrichment programs to more than 40,000 young people from throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area. Since 1960 the Club has taught youth respect, restraint and responsibility so that they may obtain credibility, integrity and accountability. For more information, call Bill Fronczak at (314) 382-5952, ext. 228.