Fire Department Hosts Successful Fill-The-Boot Toll Road at 30+ Citywide Locations
Mathews-Dickey salutes the St. Louis fire department for raising $18,683.18 during the “Safety Weekend for Kids” Toll Road, on May 23 to May 25,2014.
St. Louisans were called upon to fill the St. Louis Fire Department's boots on Memorial Day Weekend and support summer recreational programs for thousands of deserving children at Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club. Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson and his team conducted the collection at citywide locations.
"We are proud to support the Club's recreational programs to keep youth off the streets and safe during the summer months," said Jenkerson. "The St. Louis Fire Department believes in this mission and was proud to host this important drive."
Chief Dennis Jenkerson with Summer Day Campers.
Firemen filling the boot for Mathews-Dickey.
The 2014 collection raised $18,683.18.
The St. Louis Fire Department Collection Sites were located at:
- Rescue Squad 1 Jefferson & S. Broadway
- Rescue Squad 2 St. Louis Zoo - South Entrance
- Hook & Ladder (H&L) 1 Grand & Natural Bridge
- H&L 2 Olive & 14th
- H&L 4 Gravois & Hampton
- H&L 5 Schnucks, Whittier & Lindell
- H&L 6 Riverview & West Florissant
- Truck 1 Jefferson & Gravois
- Engine 2 Market & Tucker
- Truck 4 Broadway & Meramec
- Truck 5 Parnell & Natural Bridge
- Truck 6 Manchester & McCausland
- Truck 7 Jefferson & Chouteau
- Engine 8 McKinley Bridge
- Truck 9 Cass & Tucker
- Truck 10 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. & Kingshighway
- Truck 11 Lafayette & Broadway
Truck 13 Skinker & Forest Park Parkway
- Truck 14 3500 S. Grand
- Truck 17 Union Station
- Truck 19 Schnucks, 7450 Hampton
- Truck 20 Schnucks, 4217 N. Grand
- Truck 22 Skinker & Clayton
- Engine 23 Schnucks, Highway 55 & Loughborough
- Engine 24 Mathews-Dickey, Kingshighway & Penrose
- Engine 26 Newstead & Natural Bridge
- Truck 27 Natural Bridge & Goodfellow
- Engine 28 Delmar & Union
- Truck 29 Forest Park & Vandeventer
- Truck 30 St. Louis Zoo - North Entrance
- Engine 31 Kingshighway & Chippewa, Chippewa & Hampton
- Engine 32 Grand & Gravois
- Truck 33 Riverview & N. Broadway
- Truck 34 Alabama & Marceau
- Truck 35 Schnucks, Arsenal & Hereford
- Truck 36 Kingshighway & Chippewa
©2013 Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club. All Right Reserved.
Site Designed & Donated by Dayton Ohio Web Site Design
Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) United Way member agency that annually provides educational, athletic and cultural enrichment programs to more than 40,000 young people from throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area. Since 1960 the Club has taught youth respect, restraint and responsibility so that they may obtain credibility, integrity and accountability. For more information, call Bill Fronczak at (314) 382-5952, ext. 228.